To enhance the number of teachers, and trained paraprofessionals (interveners) who are knowledgeable about the impact of combined vision and hearing loss on learning and skilled in implementing effective strategies for children, aged birth to 21, who are deaf-blind.
- Assessment of all instructional areas
- Communication development, assessment & intervention strategies
- Strategies for developing relationships and interactions
- Educational implications of dual sensory loss
- Curricular modifications & adaptations to materials
- IEP development appropriate for learners who are deaf-blind
- Provide awareness training on the impacts of hearing and vision loss
- Conduct online and in-person training on instructional strategies
- Coach and mentor educational teams
- Facilitate network(s) of teachers and related service providers
For further information or inquiries, please contact Christopher Russell.