Increase the number of identified children and youth with combined hearing and vision loss between birth through 22 throughout the state of New York identified and referred to NYDBC.
- Identification of hearing and vision loss
- Developmental implications of dual sensory loss
- Impact on educational programming
- Identifying needs for intervention
- Connecting families with appropriate resources
- Referral to appropriate intervention
- Provide awareness training on the impacts of hearing and vision loss
- Outreach to medical community and related providers
- Coach families and professionals to assess needs & implement strategies
- Distribute of informational brochures and tools
- Maintain online e-newsletter communication
Community of Practice
National Center on Deaf-Blindness – Early Identification & Referral Initiative
For further information or inquiries, please contact Suzanne Chen.