The inclusion of families and consumers in activities and programs to increase awareness, access to resources and skill development necessary to partner effectively with educational teams and service providers, leading to increased parental advocacy.
- Flexible, personalized family support
- Parent-professional partnerships
- A diverse and culturally sensitive approach
- Creating family connections
- Supporting sustainable change with research-based models
- Facilitate Person Centered Planning sessions
- Provide multicultural adaptations to accessing to materials and live face-to-face trainings (for example, real-time translation in various languages)
- Accommodate training opportunities specific to family needs
- Conduct leadership and advocacy training to families
- Deliver webinars in English & Spanish
- Host family learning and social events
Community of Practice
National Center on Deaf-Blindness – Family Engagement Initiative
For further information or inquiries, please contact Suzanne Chen.